Monday, June 16, 2008

Teaching life...

Wow, being a temporary teacher in primary school (Phooi Yong) is just so interesting. Anyway, I will be there only for a short period (two weeks). The pupils there are adorable and innocent, undeniably, there are still some naughty and disobedient students who will drive me mad. Therefore, I always make the full use of the ancient and yet powerful method---caning to “tame” them. Holding the cane during lesson can actually play a vital part in order to make sure there is no distraction in my class. They will also keep their mouths shut if I give them a cross look. However, I did cause two little boys to have hard feeling after caning them. Luckily, they are happy-go-lucky type and started to talk to me after that.

Entering different classes which enables me to know more students of different standards by teaching them different subjects is great. Chatting with them is of the greatest part too. Although they will ask me some silly questions out of curiosity which are not related to that subject, I am glad to have such interaction with them. They treat me as their friend but in the mean time respect me as their teacher. A standard two little boy even told me today, “Sir, you are so cute.” I feel so the very Oh My God as I should have uttered that sentence and not him. Sigh…

Well, I am the temporary form teacher for 4A. That’s why I am closer with them. Their form teacher, Ms Ooi told me about her class and the lazy, naughty and talkative students during my 1st day to this school. Hence, I know them and their problems well but I find out that I am much closer to the naughty students. What a prank!!! Haha… Anyway, I satisfy with their performance in my class at this stage as they will finish the homework given. In return, I will try my very best to help them improving their studies… Great teacher huh??? Hahaha…. Not GTO anyway…^^

Group discussion in 4B
Writing testimonials is still the trend in primary school

2 comments:

LiMiChi said...

cut and paste huh?
haha one bad thing here is that there's no notification sent to whatever network u have everytime u update ur blog...so i have to rajin rajin check out d blogs (especially when im bored)

see ya =)

eng keng said...

haha...okok...will check out ur blog too...